Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Don't Sell Yourself Short

I'm quite certain everyone has sold themselves short at one point or another during their lifetime. We are all guilty of this from time to time. The question is why do we do it? Is it because we don't feel worthy of success or greatness? Regardless of why we do it though, a lot of people, I will even go so far as to say most people settle for less than they deserve. But, YOU don't have to do this. You ought to settle for more, not less than you deserve. Why? because you are worth it. And the world awaits your genius, your talent and your gifts. Anthony Robbins once said, "Life will pay you any price you ask of it." Don't shy away from your personal power, your personal greatness. Find it, embrace it, cherish is, awaken it and allow it to emerge into and color your life experience. Like a lion, stand proud, firm and let your mighty roar shake the earth.

I am convinced everyone has a million dollar idea somewhere inside of them. Everyone has passions, gifts, or some valuable inner resource or commodity to offer this world. And I guarantee you what you have is a lot more valuable than you can probably imagine or comprehend! Sometimes you have to let it out first though, to see how people will respond to it. Like a magician with a plethora of surprises in his bag of tricks, if you don't let your passions, gifts and surprises out of the bag, you'll never know how the world would have responded to you.


People will pay you to do what you truly love to do. I have seen it and observed it in my own life firsthand. One critical thing you must do though, is believe in yourself and believe you are worthy of success first and foremost. You also have to find a way to package your genius, your passion and enthusiasm into a product or service. You have to know what you want in great detail before the universe can deliver it to you... If you could do anything you wanted or be anything you wanted to be, what would you do? what would you be? A lot of people I have asked this question to say, I don't know. But you have absolutely gotta know the answer to this question. You can never reach a port that you cannot see! Get to know yourself, including your gifts, resources and inner latent talents. Here is a question you need to ask yourself: What is it I have in abundance to offer my community and the world? Once you figure out the answer, you will know know what your sacred gift is.

A few years back, I had a really good friend named Ronnie Ryan. My family and I lived on a lake in Tennessee which is where I met him. He had a boat and practically lived on the lake, no joke. That was his passion. Most days in the summer you could find him on the lake. Whenever we were out on the lake with him, he would have us rolling with laughter the entire time. He was like Jeff Foxworthy on the water. And he could navigate that lake better than most fish I'm sure. One time I asked him why he didn't charge people to take them on guided tours and etc. He laughed at me, but I was being serious. I saw a gift and passion, and a gold mine in him. I know many people who would pay for the experience, the joy of being out on the lake with this guy. I know I would have many times. He was clever and a genius in his field of expertise, but he just couldn't see it. Oftentimes, we don't see, appreciate, honor or realize our inner strengths, gifts, and talents, though others can sometimes easily observe them and sometimes have to point them out to us.

We hold so tightly to security and what we think is guaranteed in this life, without realizing nothing is 100% secure, 100% guaranteed. So why not take some chances, because here is the deal, you have a gift, a present if you will, to offer the world. Don't you dare let your lights burn out before you get a chance to shine. Don't die with the music still in you screaming to get out. Let out your glorious melodies. Make a glorious noise with your life... In life as in any game, you win some, you lose some, but you gotta just keep playing the game! Don't Sell Yourself Short. Nobody wins by you living little. Find and fulfill your destiny. Live your life the way you intend to live it.

Copyright Justin Topik 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment