Saturday, January 18, 2014

Climbing Mountains


 

I have climbed a lot of mountains in my life thus far. It is certainly one of my biggest, lifetime passions. I don't know if it's the thrill of the climb, or the adrenaline rush of conquering something which seems larger than life. Whatever it is though, I have always enjoyed Climbing Mountains literally and figuratively. It is one thing that makes me feel powerful, on top of the world and like I can do anything I set my mind to. I love pushing myself beyond normal limits. I get bored just staying in the valleys of life. I find pushing my body and mind to new heights to be invigorating and enlivening.

There is a Chinese proverb which states, "If you do not climb the mountain, you will not see the plain." The views from on top of the mountains are breathtaking and awe-inspiring. If you are stuck in the valleys in your life, I would strongly encourage you to start climbing wherever you are at, ascending to high summits and majestic, grand, magnificent overlooks. The climb is arduous and sometimes even feels brutal, but the sense of accomplishment you will gain is so worth it.  And the views you will experience are indescribable.

Getting out of your comfort zone and stretching yourself a bit leads to a richer and more authentic life experience. It changes you forever. And Climbing Mountains is a great way to help you do just that. Two things you will gain by leaving your comfort zone and pushing yourself to greater heights are increased self confidence and personal spiritual growth.  And with more of these two things, the sky is the limit to what you can accomplish...

Climbing Mountains is symbolically about striving for life mastery. The thrill of the climb and ascension to tall mountain peaks is about reaching for and experiencing the magical, the mystical, life transformative powers that are truly within your reach. The climb helps you realize your power is stunning, and that you can become unstoppable as you push yourself through your own self-imposed barriers and limitations. It's also about conquering trivial things and reaching just a bit higher day by day, until the summit becomes your preferred dwelling place.

Copyright Justin Topik, Peace Passion Positivity 2014,
All rights reserved, except for use in brief quotations or reviews
which include authors name


No comments:

Post a Comment