Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Staying Close to the Source

I recently wrote a song titled, I'm Flyin' Free Now. The first verse and chorus goes like this:

This is where I go, when I'm feeling low,
and I'm feeling low again.
This is where I hide when the goblins come alive
and I feel like I haven't got a friend.
This is where I run, when my life comes undone
and all the colors fade to gray.
Its a place I go inside, a place I run and hide
from everyone even me.
When I need a pick me up, I drink from your tin cup,
until this thing in my flies free,
I'm flyin' free now...

For me, this song symbolizes staying close to the source of inspiration, the source of rejuvenation, the source of vitality and fulfillment, the source of all life and creation. I go to this magic place everyday. It is my sacred place, my sacred space. I would be lost without it!!! I believe we all have an inborn need and desire to connect with and stay in tune with this source. I don't know about you, but I desire the feeling of inner contentment, inner peace and inner bliss, as much as, and sometimes even more than I desire food. Rumi a great persian poet once said, "Loving God is the only pleasure. Other delights turn bitter. What hurts the soul? To live without tasting the water of its own essence." What an amazing quote that is!

We can run, but we can't hide from our essence. The ironic thing is many people run away from what could provide them with the utmost happiness, peace and bliss. We turn away from inner peace in search of that which will never satisfy. And for what reason, laziness, fear of the unknown, fear of our own magnificence?

In the Tao te Ching, we read:

"Empty your mind of all thoughts.
Let your heart be at peace.
Watch the ten thousand things rise and fall,
but contemplate their return.
Each separate being in the universe
returns to the common source.
Returning to the source is serenity.
Not knowing the source leads to disaster."

Ultimately, the choice for serenity, peace, or chaos, disaster and disorder is up to each of us. If you want peace, all you have to do is look within, seek within, make a time and a place for peace, for communion with spirit. Peace is not far, it is right where you are... We are all like plugs and at anytime, we can plug into the outlet for more energy or to re-charge. So, why resist what can make you feel most alive? Our true power comes in staying close to this source, the source of youth, vitality, energy and passion.

I was listening to a CD by Wayne Dyer this morning and in paraphrasing, he commented that at this point in his life he now realizes that he doesn't write the books, his lectures, etc. but that it is only spirit working through him. He just allows spirit to work through him. That is true wisdom. That is knowing who you are in the large spectrum of things. What marvelous works the spirit can accomplish when we allow it to move in our lives. Staying close to the source is not a chore, but a gift from above. You can walk alone, and try to push away the urge to connect with source, or embrace it and let it transform your life. The choice is up to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment