Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Standing Firm in Your Own Truth




There are moments and times in life when you have to be bold, be brave and stand firm in your own truth, regardless of the support or non-support you are getting from others around you.  This is of course, if you wish to live your life honestly and authentically.  I have reached this place in my life where I'm not trying to be cool or popular anymore.  I'm just trying to be authentically ME.  And if that makes me well respected and popular then great, but if not, I don't really care.  I'd rather be real and liked by a few genuine people, than fake and pretentious and admired by everyone.  I fully understand now my life is not about fitting in, but rather in standing out from the crowd.  For I have discovered that it is in my own uniqueness and authenticity that I find my real strength and real power. 
 

I have had much disapproval from family and friends in my life for being me and walking my own path, but I don't let it bother me anymore.  I love myself.  I love my life and what it's all about.  I have grown extremely comfortable and content with the person I am, so much so in fact, that other people's opinions of me no longer concern me.  And I think that is a great place to arrive at too... 
 

Genuine, real people are the people who have always changed the world and who have had the greatest impact on society.  Look at Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, JFK, Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Whitman, Emerson and Thoreau to name a few. All of them had ginormous impact on the world by being true to themselves and walking their own path.  When you are not afraid to be you, whoever you came to this world to be, then you can shine forth your bright light and essential self for all the world to see.  And it is truly when you are being authentically you that you can have the greatest impact on others.  Standing Firm in Your Own Truth is standing firm in who you are at the core.  It is living from your own place of power and uniqueness.  When others see you coming from this place, they can't help but respect and admire you for your boldness, even if they may not understand or like you. 


If you are one of those people concerned with popularity and people pleasing in your life at the moment, then I would strongly encourage you to step out of that miserable place.   I would encourage you to be who you are and step into a much greater and grander version of yourself.  But in order to do this requires an enormous amount of inner strength and courage on your part.  But here's the thing, being true to yourself and the dictates of your own soul may force you to walk on a path without many spectators and false friends, but in the end it is always worth it to be true to yourself.  Abraham Lincoln once said, "Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then Stand Firm." 
 

Copyright Justin Topik, Peace Passion Positivity 2014,
All rights reserved, except for use in brief quotations or reviews
which include authors name


No comments:

Post a Comment